Thursday, January 10, 2013

Angels


I have always felt that the day each of my children are blessed they look like angels.  Completely innocent and perfect, dressed in all white.  Eyes wide eyed and bright to the world before them.  Waiting to learn so many things but already perfectly knowing how to feel love.  Their knowledge of heaven still so fresh, that feeling of awe that they have recently been in the presence of our Father in Heaven.  Also in the presence of others that we love.  For me  of course Ethan and Dylan.  As   I looked at him I saw an angel and wondered what had it been like for him and his two older brothers as he prepared to leave them and come to the earth.  Just holding him makes  me feel so close to them since he has seen them so recently.  Oh how I miss them.  I just couldn't stop looking at Hudson and thinking how angelic he looked.  He has such a strong spirit about him, I can feel it.  I know that may sound silly because he is a baby, but I can.   Hudson is our first baby born in a cool season.  It has been fun for so many reasons.  We had the neat opportunity to bless Hudson the day before Christmas Eve.  We found him this cute knit blessing outfit that was perfect for the weather and looked so sweet on him.We combined his blessing with a cousin's baptism and it was just our family.  More private and simple, really special.  Deke gave him a beautiful blessing and cried the whole time.  I love that Deke is so tender about his family.  He loves his kids so much.  He asked to get a picture of him and the boys.  Again I couldn't stop thinking about the two little freckled faces missing from this picture.
 It was really wonderful and so nice to finally give our little Hudson Crew his name and blessing.  With each baby I have always felt a certain feeling about their personality.  With Hunter the word vibrant was always the first I would think of when I thought of him.  Avery was spunky and determined, Emma was peace, healing and sweetness. When I look at him and think about him the word that comes to my mind is strong.  Physically but yet something deeper.  From the time he was born he was wide eyed taking in his world.  Trying to lift his head and look around.  At two months he can already roll over and tries to dig his little toes into the carpet and scoot himself.  He is a physically strong little guy.  I told Deke a long time ago I think he is going to love sports more than any of our other kids and being active.  When he cries, his cry is deep and strong as well.  In the moments that I hold him and just stare at him and try to take it all in  I feel it in another way.  As I interact with him I get the impression that he will be strong in many ways that will be wonderful in his life.  That he will be dependable, solid in his beliefs, supportive of those he loves.  Strong in standing up for what is right and protecting those around him.  He is such a special part of our family, we are all so grateful to have him.  Hudson we love you so much!!!

1 comment:

Theresa and Chad Purtymun said...

What a sweet little man!! I love his suit too. Would you mind sending me your email? The only way I can figure out how to add people to my private list is adding their emails. Mine is tbpurtymun@hotmail.com you can send it there if you want! I love reading your posts!!