Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Their own library.


The other day being too hot to go anywhere or do much.  The kids used some old cardboard and came up with the idea to play "library".  They decorated the cardboard like computers and I let them use an old mouse and cord phone.  Add in books and pretend library cards and they had they whole thing going.

They answered calls, entered "important information" and checked out customers.  I got to be the customer actually different customers for over two hours off and on.


Emma would ask me what my name was and then pretend to type something in.  Then she would make a beeping noise as she scanned each of my books and took my card.  More typing.  Then she would ask Ave questions and tell me to "have nice day" and then get on the phone and start talking to someone.





Hunter got to be both a customer and eventually promoted himself to security guard.  Got a NERF gun to pack and then pretended to nab people going out of the library with items that hadn't been checked yet.


Avery was the organizer of the library and gave everyone directions and also took all the "problem customers" that mom kept inventing up to make the game interesting.





The literally played all afternoon and when dad got home he cracked up at the fun and then joined in and became the customer for awhile before the library shut down for a dinner break.   I love stuff like this.  If there is anything I love to see my kids doing it is playing with their imaginations together.




No comments: