Saturday, July 07, 2012

Sure why not, it's only 113* outside.

 This silly kid is not sure that she likes rain.  In fact she is really afraid of the thunder and lightning part. A couple of months ago we had a random storm that moved in for a short jaunt and the rain came down really hard with some thunder to boot.  She was NOT a fan.  Hunter and Avery were out playing in it and then headed out to the playhouse to sit inside and watch from the windows.  There was nothing I could say to convince her to go outside and watch.  Not even if I was going out there.
 So the other day we had been watching the weather report and it was talking about a possible monsoon storm coming in and bringing some much needed rain.  When we woke up that morning and it was overcast we were hopeful.  Emma overheard us talking about it and kept telling me "No Mom, I don't like it.  No rain."  Well unfortunately she was right there was no rain to be seen all day.  Later that afternoon the kids went out to play and she wanted to go too.
She came running in with her shoes and Ave's pink leopard jacket and wanted me to put them on.  "Emma it is like 113* outside, it's too hot to wear a jacket" I told her.  She started crying and talking saying "Go outside, play Hunter and Avery, no rain" and pointing to the jacket.  I tried reasoning with her again.  Again she fussed at me about the rain and held out the jacket, "help me mom" she said looking to the backyard longingly.    

 Sure that within five minutes outside she would be coming back in asking me to help peel it off of her I put her arms in the sleeves and zipped her up.  As she headed out the back door she stopped and looked up and down and side to side then looked back at me.  "There is no rain out there" I reassured her as she then smiled at me.  Yet as she stepped out the door she flipped her hood up onto her head and raced out to find big brother and sister.
 Five minutes, ten minutes went by and I watched from the window as she ran around the yard starting to sweat.  I called her to the back door.  "Mom no rain" she told me grinning still zipped up to her chin. "Oh good then let's take the jacket off now so you are not so hot."  "NOOOOOO!" she instantly cried and added "I wear it, no rain kay?" "Kay Mom?"  Kid I give up.

 You want to wear the jacket outside in the hottest part of summer, fine.  I'll be the lady sitting here by the back door watching you for signs of dehydration.  Little turkey.  How can something so cute sometimes be such a stubborn little stinker? :) :)







No comments: