Saturday, June 05, 2010

"You're the cute-tee-est"

Yesterday I was puttting away laundry when I came around the corner and saw this: Then I opened up the blanket and saw this: Avery excitedly giggled, "Look mom I made Emma a princess tent. It's a baby one mom but I can just be in it with Emma." "Emma, your the cute-tee-est" she squealed to her about ten octaves too high and then a little too roughly tickled under Emma's neck. "Mom, she is the cute-tee-est baby." She told me and again went into soprano as she continued to talk to Emma about an inch away from her face. Cute-tee-est is Ave's favorite term of endearment for her little sis. Emma looked up at me arms flailing around with her eyes looking like a deer in the headlights. She cooed at me cautiously for reassurance that she was okay, unsure that she was enjoying this little escapade. I closed the blanket again and it was about ten minutes before I started to hear Miss E's little sounds of complaint. I opened the blanket and Emma instantly looked up at me with eyes that said "please save me" so I reached in to get her out. Avery was distraught because I had stopped their "playing princesses" but I assured her that she'd have plenty of time for princess play with her sister. She is so cute, so loves being a big sister it is going to be so fun to watch them.

1 comment:

CJ said...

Love it!!!