Saturday, June 05, 2010

Smiling at Mr. Giraffe


Well Emma has been randomly smiling at us for a couple of weeks now but it has only in the last week gotten consistent. Now if Deke or I sit and talk to her she will coo at us and smile back at us as we smile and talk to her. However last weekend at my dad's house we found someone or something else rather that she loves to smile at. Dad and Lisa bought her some soft blankets and a couple of cute little stuffed animals for her crib at their house including a cute little giraffe. When you wind it it plays a little lullaby and moves its head slowly side to side. The first time we wound it up and put it in front of her she was mezmerized. The next morning Dad and I were sitting and watching her stare at it when she started smiling at it! It was so sweet. Later that afternoon Brenn and I put it in front of her and she smiled at it like three times. The next morning before we left we showed Deke and sure enough she smiled some more. Of course the first time when I tried to take pictures with her and the giraffe she not only wouldn't smile at it but wouldn't let me take her binky out for more than two seconds. She is quite the binky baby. She still looked so adorable though, she has the prettiest blue eyes. I have always made my kids baby quilts but they have never had a blanket that they were attached to or drug around the house. However, my kids have all had a stuffed animal that attached to. It does make me laugh though that it was always a different one than the ones we tried to give them. Hunter was given the softest brown teddy bear when he was a baby. He thought it was okay but nothing compared to the little puppy that he did attach to, Rusty, who has been carried around everywhere with him since he was two. When we found out Avery was coming we found the most adorable pink hippo wearing a pink headband it is seriously the cutest. Avery however fell in love with the little stuffed animal cow Moo that she is totally attached to. Now there is Emma, when we found out she was a girl Deke and I bought her this cute little paisley puppy:
About a week after she was born Hunter and I spotted this cute pink penguin that we had to get for her that is also so sweet. Now go figure of course she loves Mr. Giraffe. The other morning she woke up and was laying on the couch when I put the giraffe next to her and she started smiling like crazy. I hurried to get the camera and what do you know I actually caught some shots of her smiling!!! Sorry some of them are blurry but she was moving around a lot. Looking at them melts my heart. Doesn't she have the sweetest smile?? I absolutely love this pic: She is so bright eyed and is looking right at him like they are having a little conversation. She has those big blue eyeballs that remind me so much of Hunter at that age. Well I know that she loves the giraffe because she can not yet appreciate the girly cuteness of her other stuffed animals and because it sings and moves which is granted entertaining. It will be interesting to see as she gets bigger which one she attaches to the strongest, or which becomes her favorite. We will have to see but I'm not going to lie, I am still rooting for the penguin :) :)

1 comment:

CJ said...

She is such an animated little girl!