Monday, November 03, 2014

Two parties, two cakes, for this 2 year old

Since grandma was in town we had Hudson's birthday party the weekend before his actual birthday.  So even though he had already had a party, on his actual birthday we couldn't help but party a little more :) Let's just say he had candles at every meal on his birthday.
 Before we headed to work we sang to him and put some candles in his bagel...
After work we headed over to the mall play place for an hour to let him play and ride the "cycle" that he always wants to ride whenever we go to the mall.
Headed home and had lunch then played all afternoon. Dad came home and we had burgers with more singing and candles....
Again, even though he had already had a cake I wanted him to have one on his birthday so I went and picked up a small ice cream cake for him.
By this time he had the routine down and happily sang "happy dirthday" right along with us and then blew the candles out.
He loved blowing out the candles! The next morning I put him in his high chair and handed him his eggs and toast.  "Happy dirtday" he said and pointed to his eggs.  "No more birthday buddy, it was yesterday, your birthday isn't today" I told him.  He furrowed his eyebrows and whimpered, "Happy dirtday!" he insisted and pointed again.  I looked at him with those big blue eyes longing for candles and I folded.  I went to the cupboard, pulled out two candles and put them in his toast.  "Okay dude, one more time but don't tell daddy" I told him as I lit them and started the song.  " I love happy dirtday!!!" he said and smiled at me.  Oh little man, how I love you.  I am not dealing with the fact that you are two now. Why does it have to go so fast?  You are the most wonderful combination of silly and sweet in any little person I've ever met.  One second you are being goofy and making us all laugh and the next second you are gathering blankets and climbing up on my lap for a snuggle or putting your hands on my cheeks and squeezing my face for a kiss.  One minute shooting me with nerf guns or hitting me with pillows trying to pillow fight, the next minute standing at my feet saying, " I neeeeedddd you mommy, fun, and sweet moments to our family.  We love you so much cute boy!!!I neeeeeddd you" and reaching up to be held.  You love swords, dragons, dinosaurs, climbing on everything, chasing, and yet equally want to sit and be read to, have me rock you in my arms before bed, or hold you on my hip when I am making dinner.  "I wanna be helper" you tell me all the time.  Since you could walk you have loved helping me sort and rotate the laundry and put it in and out of the baskets.  You like when I give you a wet wipe and you can go around and "clean" everything.  However your favorite time to help is when I make dinner.  You pull a chair out from the table and I put it next to me at the counter.  You climb up on it and stand there asking to help with anything and everything I am doing.  I try to let you help with as much as I can.  You love taking your turn saying family prayer and can start and end the prayer completely on your own with only some help in the middle.  You are a major momma's boy which has been so much fun.  I don't know how to explain it but out of all of the kids when you were born the transition was the most natural.  From the very first time I saw you it just felt like you had always been here.  You have brought so much laughter,  Happy Birthday Hudson, love mommy :) :)

No comments: