Friday, November 07, 2014

Pirate ship coffee table

In a world where technology seems to dominate much of most kids free time I am so glad that my kids are all so good about using their imagination and really playing.  They love to pretend, create and invent things.  Eden and mom were in town, I was in my room getting ready for the day and the kids were just playing.  I came around the corner and the kids started yelling, "mom don't look yet, close your eyes!!!"  Once I was allowed to open this is what I saw....
My first thought was oh my gosh what did you do to the coffee table??? Within a second I was grinning and hurrying to get my camera, impressed with their cleverness.  It's not everyday that a coffee table can be transformed into a pirate ship with oars and sails.  They introduced me to all their crew members and showed me how the sails could draw up or fly full in the wind.  Hunter the captain gave orders as they each hurried to their jobs.  Of course a storm was blowing in and so they had to prepare the ship.  All the while being surrounded by giant man eating squids.   I couldn't stop smiling.  You my wonderful kiddos make me miss being able to spend my days playing pretend.  I love each of your amazing imaginations, never stop dreaming up new fun things. 

No comments: