Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Captain America, a skeleton, Turbo the snail and Jessie

 Usually the kids have discussed and come up with costume options months ahead of time.  This year was our first year being up to the last minute with them figuring out what they wanted to be.  Emma had actually decided first. One day her and I were looking on Pinterest and she saw a "girl Spiderman" costume.  "I want to be that!!! she said."  For the next few days she continued to tell us that she wanted to be girl Spiderman.  We were floored because Emma is our girly girl...majorly.  When we went to party city she only wanted to try on super hero costumes.  Wonder woman, spiderman, and then she saw this Captain America costume with a tutu on it.  She tried it on and came out grinning.  "I want to be Captain America!!!" decision made.
 She looked ADORABLE.  She was definitely bummed because she really wanted us to get her a shield but I knew that she would get disinterested and I would end up carrying it so we nixed the idea.  Avery had been all over the board from a witch, Mulan, Red Riding Hood and several others.  When we saw this Jessie costume at JcPenney's of all places she wanted to try it on and it looked so cute on her.  I told Deke that I thought that this costume fit her personality perfectly.  She wanted me to braid her hair and reminded me that this was one of the two occasions in which she is allowed to wear mascara.  Halloween and dance recitals or performances.  She watched in the mirror the entire time as I put it on.  "What do you think?" I asked her.  "Pretty" she said and then flew out the door to show Emma.  I could hear them in their room discussing it.  "See Emma, I get to wear this like mom because I am big enough, and when you get bigger you can wear some too on Halloween with your costume."  "That is just super pretty Ave, I like that makeup" came the reply and then asked Ave if she could touch her eyelashes.  To which Ave told her that she couldn't touch because she would get it all messy.  Oh my girls :) :)  
 Hunter loves Halloween and we have always had fun watching him pick out his costumes.  Not gonna lie, this year was a first, it was a pain.  He wanted to be something not "little kid" and I said nothing too scary.  He was almost a swamp monster that I thought was really cool but then changed his mind to be a skeleton.  The costume itself wasn't scary but the mask was and so we bought face makeup for him to wear.  He at first tried to convince me that the mask wasn't scary until he went and tried the costume on at Target.  When he came out of the dressing room, Emma screamed so loud in sheer terror that every person within eye sight of us stopped to look.  Exactly what I was afraid of.  No mask dude except maybe for a little while on Halloween night with the exception that you don't scare any little kids.  Then Hudson.  That's a completely separate story since he had two costumes.  He was Turbo the snail for Trunk or treat and a penguin for Halloween.  So we headed to Trunk or Treat and filled up on some hot dogs and chili.....
Played some games and hung out with friends while the sun was going down....
 Then headed around to gather candy.
 Hunter went off with friends and the girls took their time walking around to each car.  The snail enjoyed a piece of cornbread in his stroller as we went along our way and was completely content.  He seemed super chill about the whole thing except occasionally pointing at some decoration and saying "wow!!!!!" and then grabbing another fistful of crumbs.  He is pretty much the most chill baby.  The weather was nice and the turn out was huge.  Then of course we headed home so the kids could spend the next hour doing their candy trading and choosing their coveted three pieces to eat :)

No comments: