Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The things they subject him to.

It just comes with the territory being the fourth child.  You will constantly have people in your face and space.  Involving you in their play in ways that you may not always appreciate.  Hudson has already been subjected to some of this.  The other day I heard them laughing hysterically about something in our room.  When I walked in I saw Hunter and Avery with Hudson propped up in the boppy pillow, getting ready to have a sword fight.  They stood with swords crossed and gave a little speech about "King Hudson" and being his knights.  Then both yelled out war cries and then began slashing about.
Admist the loud banging of the wooden blades I looked down to see Hudson looking like this.....ask me if he looks like he is enjoying this.  Sorry dude but obviously you have been chosen to be King over these crazy people, do with them what you will :) :)
Only a couple of days later I heard all three of them giggling quietly.  Of course they were supposed to be getting their pajamas on but instead had decided to have a little fun with Hudson.  I peeked in to see Hudson...
"He looks like George Washington!" Hunter laughed, "He looks like a crazy head boy" Emma giggled so hard she could hardly get the words out.  Hudson looked at me wondering if I was going to call an end to it.  I smiled at him and reassured him that he was okay.  He started shaking his head side to side trying to get it off.  All it did was slide down over one of his eyes to the delight of his siblings.  A fresh batch of loud laughter came rolling out of all three of them.  I'd be lying if I said that I didn't giggle a little quietly to myself. Poor guy you are definitely a source of their entertainment at this point.  The girls especially love dressing him up and putting stuff on him.  They build forts around him and balance things on his head.  I know buddy it seems like they are picking on you but they actually are just playing with you and they all love you a whole lot.  

No comments: