Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Fastest 6 months ever!!


This has been the fastest six months EVER!!!! I can't even believe it.  It feels like since he has been born time is just zooming by.  He is mobile these days and it is so fun.  He does this cute little inchworm crawl where he puts his bum up in the air like a little stinkbug and then inches his upper body forward and then drags his behind eventually.  Between that and his "secret agent" style rolls he manages to get all over the floor.  We laugh at him because when he rolls lately it is like two or three in a row like he is in a hurry on a secret mission and trying not to get spotted.  He is doing so awesome drinking water out of a bottle now and loves that he has started getting eat sweet potatoes.  
He is going through some separation anxiety and when I leave the room occasionally he stretches his little neck as far as he can to watch me until he can't see me anymore.  Then he sometimes will put his face down on the ground and just cry.  After a few seconds he will lift his head up and look around again to see if his distress has brought me back to the room.  If not then he drops his head back down and starts crying again and repeats this process until I either come back in the room or call out to him so he can hear me.  Once he can see me he is fine again and then I get this sweet face...
However this is only usually when he is tired or needing to just snuggle.  I'd say 99% of the time this guy is so chill.  Talk about a happy, easy baby, he is it.  Eats good, plays on the floor, smiles and smiles and smiles every time you just look at him, he also sleeps AMAZING.
He is always bright eyed and very curious.  Lately when he is playing with toys he often flips them over to the back or underneath and I see him taking his fingers and touching the screws.  He also really likes things that open and close or that have handles to pull on.  It may sound weird but he plays a lot like Hunter did as a baby.  I love that when he is playing I can see that little sparkle of curiosity in his eyes.  He is so much sturdier build wise than our other kids and I find that Deke and I are often commenting on how strong he is.  He was trying to hold his head up earlier than any of the other kids, and was more wide eyed from the get go.
He is such a snuggler.  There is not a person in this house that can't wait to take their turn mugging on him. I don't know if there is very much time that he is not being held or hugged or kissed on.  When I pull him close he tucks his head right into the groove in my shoulder and pulls his hands in close.  He will just lay and look around and coo and chew on his fingers.  Every once in awhile he will sit up and look at me then smile and lay his head back down.  I seriously could just hold him all day and get nothing else done.
Mr. Magoo you are the most delicious, snuggliest, happiest little guy I know.  Happy six months to you Hudson man!!!!

No comments: