Tuesday, April 10, 2012

They are why I {heart} San Francisco.

As a belated 30th birthday I headed to San Fransisco for a sister weekend for five days, four nights. It was amazing. This is only a brief pictorial view and brief summary of all the fun we had and things we did. Brenn and Kaulin live in Emeryville not too far outside of the city and it had been quite awhile since just us girls got together by ourselves and had a get away. We arrived at the airport Thursday evening, grabbed a bite to eat together and then headed to Brenn and Kaulin's place. They have a nice apartment and of course Brenn has it decorated up really nice. It was really fun for me to get to see their first married apartment. It is always hard for me when the girls make a move and I haven't seen their place it is hard for me to not be able to visualize where they are. The next morning when we got up I couldn't believe 1) how nice and green it was and 2)how much cooler it was there. We headed into the city.... I loved all the bridges as we were driving around, that is just something you really don't see in AZ and at night when they are all lit up over the water it is really a sight to see. Pretty much from the time we woke up that morning all day long it poured, I mean poured. It definitely didn't stop us though from pretty much shopping the entire city with scarves and umbrellas in hand. I took lots of random pictures of building just because they looked cool. It had been a long time since I had been to a big city. After shopping all morning we headed to Neiman Marcus for a fancy lunch. It was a nice break from the rain and we were up where we could see views of the city below.My lobster club sandwich...soooooo yummy. So awesome to just sit and talk and eat, not in a hurry to be anywhere. Able to eat and laugh and just be with my sisters. HEAVEN......headed back out to shop and walk and talk some more......
fun to go into Tiffany's and see all the beautiful rings.it poured on us all day but we were having so much fun it didn't matter. Actually it was kind of fun to take turns being squished under an embrella with one of my sisters and get to have that time to talk with them.....

1 comment:

Theresa and Chad Purtymun said...

How fun! That's a place I have always wanted to visit. I bet you had a great time!