Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sunday in Berkeley and Monday morning crepes

Sunday morning after church we headed out to check out some of the sights in Berkeley. We went and had some yummy sushi first and then headed over to drive by the campus. I couldn't believe how neat some of the old buildings on campus were, they were so amazing. I loved this building above. There was also some pretty cool houses around the campus like this one....
Brenn drove us by her old apartment and we also got to see Kaulin's first place. Then we got to go to Chez Panisse, a very renown restaurant that Brenn was able to intern at after she graduated culinary school. It was such an intimate setting.
Brenn even gave us a quick look at the kitchen. The kitchen was so cool. I couldn't help but feel as if I had stepped into the set of Ratatouille. This picture is kind of fuzzy and doesn't do justice.
The place definitely has a really cool feel to it, next time we go to see Brenn, I hope to get to eat there.
After walking all the little shops we headed over to Fenton's an old creamery where we sat and ate huge ice cream sundaes. It was so fun to go here since this was one of the places that my dad used to go when he lived in northern cal.
Then fully sugared up we headed back to Emeryville to do more shopping. We went over to LUSH a bath and body store that was really fun. They had some great facial masks, I got the seaweed one, it smells good and makes my skin really smooth.
Tons of different fun soap bars and blocks....
Different bath salts of all different fragrances....
We seriously closed the shops down and then headed to Barnes and Noble for awhile and looked at cookbooks and home decor magazines then headed back to Brenn and Kaulin's to get our pajamas on and hang out. The next morning we woke up and Brenn and Kimbre made some yummy crepes. Had my first taste of Nutella and I am a fan. We had berry crepes and Nutella and banana crepes with whipped cream. They were really good.
Before we knew it it was time to head to the airport and get ready to head home. I had to snap this pic of Wilbur chillin on his mamas lap as we headed to the airport because he looked so cute. We got to the airport and got out and all four of us hugged. It never ceases to amaze me the power I feel when the four of us are together. I just wanted to stay there hugging them. It is amazing how when I am with them I feel so safe, I can't believe how much I miss each of them at different times for different reasons. When we are together we have so much fun and laugh so hard. Even when we are just hanging out there is so much peace just being together. This trip was really special to me because it really felt like we were all living together again. Loved all the moments of our different dynamics and bonds and that we all just understand each other. I feel so lucky to have them and so grateful for this trip that we had together. Love you sissy's.

No comments: