Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Big girl carseat

Since her legs were hanging over the edge of her infant car carrier from about mid calf, and she kept pushing off of the seat and getting herself to a semi standing position it dawned on us that it may be time for a new carseat for her. So off to WalMart we went in search of a new "big girl" carseat. We bought this cute pink and gray one and headed out to the parking lot to put it in. Deke and I were both getting kind of emotional in the parking lot. Another step towards toddlerhood and leaving more baby stuff behind. It is always funny to me how much bigger they look in their new carseats. Both Deke and I can't believe how big she is getting. I always love the look of surprise they have when suddenly they are raised up high enough to see out the window at things going by. She kept stretching out her neck and pointing at things and clapping. Then I would turn around and look back at her and she would smile and wave at me.
When I turned around and looked back this is what I saw:Even though I have had three seats filled back there for quite awhile now it was fun to now also see three little faces. They are all so cute.

No comments: