Monday, May 09, 2011

Five times.







I am so richly blessed. I can't describe the gratitude that I felt yesterday all day long. My head just kept going over it trying to take it all in. I am a mother. I have become a mother five times now. I have been blessed with five children. Three boys and two little girls.


On 7/29/03 I became a mother for the first time to a strong, vibrant little boy. Extremely bright, witty, funny, yet still sensitive. Someone who connects to everyone he meets, quite the mr. personality and very responsible. Kind.




Then on 2/2/05 and again a minute later on 2/2/05 to twin sons, absolutely perfect in every way. So perfect that they only needed to stay for a moment. I could only share an ultrasound picture of them since the pictures of them after they were born are so precious to Deke and I that they are sacred to us. They are identical though and boy you could tell. They look just like Hunter. Even seeing the ultrasound picture it still amazes me that Deke and I have twins. I look forward everyday to getting to know them.





Then on 7/24/06 by the intricate plan of Heavenly Father and the most incredible, act of love and sacrifice of an amazing woman, I was given the opportunity to become a mother once more. There are no words adequate to describe our emotions at being given this gift or about how we feel about this woman. Entrusted to us a precious baby girl, happy and silly, confident and beautiful. Aware of who she is and never afraid to try something new.




On 3/27/10 a tiny little bundle was laid across my chest to see each other for the first time face to face. Another beautiful daughter, brought safely by His tender mercy. A snuggly, sweet, happy, peaceful countenance. Beautiful and sensitive, feminine, a little peacemaker. Tender.





Joy. I am humbled at the fact that He has trusted them to me. I love my day to day with them. They are amazing. I love watching them experience life and develop into their different personalities. I love being a mother. I have never known a depth of love before as the one I feel for each of them. I am grateful for it all. Feel joy in my "right now" and look forward to these precious moments of becoming a mother again in the future.



2 comments:

CJ said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Mekell. You are a terrific mother and a special woman in our eyes.

BLY and LOU said...

very touching MeKell... you are a beautiful mother! I love the main pic of the kids at top of blog :)