Thursday, December 23, 2010

Their tree is pink

I love love love the fact that every year our kids each get to have a small decorated tree in each of their rooms. Why? I love that at the end of every night as Deke or I go in to unplug their lights for the night there is a soft warm glow in the room. It is just enough light to be able to see their little faces as they sleep and the glow the lights give off is so soft and gentle. They always look angelic to me. I love being to see them sleeping so peacefully. They love it too and usually look forward to putting up their own little trees almost as much as the family tree. Last year we bought Ave a new tree and what do you know it is PINK!!! I never thought I would ever like a colored tree and I never would like a big one. However this little pink tree is cute as can be. Avery loves it. This year Emma has been like a little "moth to the flame" with the Christmas lights. When she sees them her eyes light up and she starts smiling and giggling and kicking excitedly. There is something so amazing about watching your children experience things for the first time. She keeps making her way over to the big tree and even though there are no ornaments down low she plays with the lights. More than once or twice I have had to go rescue her when she got herself tangled in the lowest strand. She also loves the little pink tree. We put it in the girls room on the changing table and so every time I change her or get her dressed it is right there for her to see. She squirms around and tries to evade me as I struggle to get her arm in a sleeve, reaching for one of the red blubs hanging from its pink branches. At night in her little jammies I sit her by it and watch the light reflecting in her big blue eyes and feel my heart melt as she looks at the tree wide eyed and then turns to me and smiles as if to say "look mommy its soooooo beautiful." Then I gazing at her and think "yes Emma, it is sooooo beautiful." There is nothing like rocking or holding a sleeping baby next to a glowing Christmas tree when it is nice and chilly outside. Heaven. It is so fun to go in at night and unplug this little pink tree after gazing at my beautiful little girls sleeping away. I feel so lucky and blessed to have two sweet daughters.

1 comment:

CJ said...

It's funny, Brittany used to have a pink Christmas tree in her room too!