Monday, December 13, 2010

Sleep in Heavenly Peace....

Why is there nothing in the world sweeter than the way a baby sleeps? I love that Pampers commercial with Silent Night playing in the background and all the pictures of different babies sleeping. I tear up every time I watch it because it is so sweet. I have loved sneaking in, in the mornings or at naptime and just watching my babies sleep. I love holding them long after they have fallen asleep just to watch them. I love the way they curl up their little fist and put their hands up by their head. Hunter used to love to sleep with his hand over his face just like Deke does. Avery would suck her thumb to fall asleep. Emma loves to be swaddled or have a blanket up by her face. She looks so tiny laying on our big bed. Yeah she stills gets snuck in to snuggle some mornings. She is such a little princess. Today I snuck in during naptime to watch her sleep. She was all swaddled up with her chunky little cheeks oozing to the side. She has such a perfect little nose and beautiful long eyelashes. Since she is sleeping I am able to take in all the details of her and once again marvel at the power of creation. So incredible. I sat there and watched her and listened to her breathing and the sound of her sucking on her binky. I was remembering when Avery made the transition to a big girl bed. Months kept passing by and every time I would think about taking down the crib I just couldn't handle the thought of it. You would think that seeing an empty crib all the time would make it harder for me but it actually did just the opposite. Avery was out of the crib for a year before we ended up getting pregnant with Emma. I love that there are now two little girls occupying this room. I love walking in and enjoying the girlish things in their room. The shelves with the dress up clothes hanging and princess shoes. Their bow holder filled to the brim with all sorts of fun hair things. Avery's vintage looking quilt on her bed and Emma's blessing dress hanging on the wall. The sheer net hanging over the crib that gives it such a feminine look. As I look into the crib my heart is full gazing at its beautiful little occupant. I wish I knew what she was dreaming about. I sat there and watched her (it is a wonder that I get anything done :) ) until she started moving and stretching. She stretched and grunted and slowly tried to pull open her eyes. After looking around the crib for a few minutes she finally sensed my presence and then tilted her head back and looked up at me with those big baby blues and grinned that cute little toothless grin. The picture is kind of blurry but that is okay because it will always remind me of this sweet little moment. I watched her unwrap from her burrito and start rolling around. Playing peek-a-boo with her from the side of the crib and tickling her chubby thighs. So ready to pick her up and munch on them.











































































































































































No comments: