Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Our turn again

Avery has been loving getting to do the rotations through each of her friends houses for preschool but she has been super excited about having everyone to our house again. It has been fun to watch the growth and progress in the kids learning as time passes. This time we worked on the numbers 11 and 12, the letters M and N and the concepts of more and less, the short sound of "i" and word families. We did an activity with shaving cream and food coloring that the kids really loved. Anything involving shaving cream always seems to be a hit with these guys. We read "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" and then made our own "cookie books" and filled the pages with the phrase "If You Give a Mouse a....." and then had each kid pick things that started with M to finish the sentence and then draw a picture. They turned out really cute and it was hilarious to see what they picked. Last preschool go round Emma was much smaller and not mobile yet so this time it was a little more challenging. Of course right in the middle of our art project I hear a noise and sure enough she has nabbed the bag of popsicle sticks and is starting to pull them out of the bag. Thus begins the exploration and curiosity stage. She loves the kids though and gets so excited when they come. They also love her which can sometimes be a distraction since they get talking and laughing at her instead of paying attention to what we are talking about. They are usually really good with her but this time someone poked her with a pencil right by the eye. She started crying and when I looked up she had a little trickle of blood coming down and I saw she had been poked. It scared me how close it came to hitting her eye. It has a little scab on it now which is so sad. Her first real ouchie :( Since Christmas is coming we chose to do a couple of art projects that were holiday related and traced everyone's hands and feet and made reindeer. I also let the kids watch Frosty one day and we made snowmen. It was really fun I Ave had a blast. She keeps asking Deke and I when Santa is going to come down our jiminey? I love this preschool thing! It is nice for me to have the time with just Em to run around and do errands when it is not my turn. It is so fun for me and Ave to do together when it is at our house. Most importantly though Avery is loving the experience and the socialization. She was so excited the other day to tell me that her and her friend Claire have the same jacket. It cracks me up to hear the little girly things that they already talk about. Knowing that we will soon be moving it was sad to think that this was my last turn to teach before we leave. I am hoping to find some ladies in my ward that would be interested in starting a group or possibly join a current group of moms so that she can continue going to preschool. We have both really enjoyed it.




























No comments: