Friday, November 30, 2012

First week at home






Hudson's first week home was a busy one filled with visitor's, lots of love from his older siblings, tons of snuggling with mom and being mugged on by his grandma's and grandpa's.  My mom came to help me for a week and great grandma and grandpa Hatch also came down to meet Hudson.  


Emma is absolutely smitten with him, I think she thinks that he belongs to her.  Every chance she gets she is kissing on him or putting his binky in or covering him with a blanket.





Some cute things about Hudson: instead of being curled up like most babies like, Hudson loves his legs stretched out long and straight.  He loves keeping his legs straight it is so funny.  He has really longs toes especially his big toes.  He makes a ton of little goat sounding noises when he stretches which makes us laugh.  I call him my little chow hound because he LOVES to nurse.  He roots around all the time and tries to suck on anything that gets near his mouth.  He gives great "kisses" when he is hungry.  He has definitely been my baby that is the most interested in eating.



He likes to be wrapped up in a blanket but wants to have his arms free because he wants to sleep with them up by his face which is precious.  He is a super mellow, easy going baby.  Another thing about him is he is extremely alert and loves to look around and be talked to.  He is so bright eyed when he is awake it has reminded me a lot of Hunter at this stage.  He is a very cuddly baby and love to be held and talked to .

Even though he gets up at night every 3-4 hours he has been a good sleeper.  He like all my kids besides Hunter loves his binky.




Hunter, Avery and Emma go back and forth each wanting to sit on the couch and hold him.  Sometimes I have to tell them that he needs a little break to just lay on the couch by himself because he gets passed from arms to arms so often.  He is mellow about it though which I guess comes with being baby #4 :) :)
To celebrate his one week we all took him on his first stroller ride to the park which the kids liked.  We pulled him into the sunlight and like a little turtle he stretched and enjoyed the warmth.  Even though he is quite a bit bigger than our other babies it always amazes me how tiny they are.  I love staring at his little features and awing at how beautiful he is.  The other night I took this picture for Emma, who was thrilled to show her that Hudson is now one Ariel long :) :)

It feels so wonderful to have a tiny baby in the house again and we are all having so much fun with him!!!


No comments: