Saturday, August 04, 2012

Night Owl Birthday


I can't believe that Ave is 6!! Time goes so fast.  She decided this year that she wanted to have a pajama party, so we started talking about doing a "Night Owl" party for her.  Made up some cute invites and let her drop them off at her friends houses.  
 For the girls goodie bags we decided to make pink popcorn and give them some cute pink hair ties.  What says pajama party better than ice cream so we were excited when we found these cute little "mini pint" ice creams that were lip balms in chocolate and strawberry.  So cute and smelled so yummy, especially the chocolate one.


Instead of a cake this year we made these fun and super easy owl cupcakes with pink frosting, OREO's and Reese's pieces.  It was great because Avery was able to help make them since they were so simple and I thought they looked adorable.  I have to admit though it was driving me CRAZY that I couldn't get the OREO's  just white without the flakes of brown on the white part.  I tried twisting and pulling and removing them slowly a million different ways and still got cookie remnants.  Oh well, I had to let it go.    






We made up an extra bowl of the pink popcorn for the girls to munch on later in the party with their movie in the tent that dad set up for us in the living room.  


We tried to make the little card table look like a bed and borrowed some cute owls from our neighbor to help decorate it.  





 We found some cute pjs for the little ladies and then Mom curled their hair and put some ribbons in.  I had to get some cute pictures of these sisters getting ready for Ave's party.




 These two loooooove each other so much.  They are so cute together and have so much fun together.




My birthday girl.  Getting cuter and sweeter and busier everyday....




We decided that the first activity we would do would be making pillowcases.  We found some cute rhinestone sparkly owls and these cute iron on quotes to decorate them with.  

I realized that as many projects as I love to do with my kids I had never done any iron on activities with Avery.  None of the other girls had ever gotten to help with an iron either so it was very intriguing and exciting to them.  Avery ironing on her owl.....

Emma "helping" Mommy decorate her pillowcase....

 Sophia's turn.....
 Claire's turn.....

They turned out really cute and it was a great little thing for the girls to take home.  It made me smile because I remembered decorating my first pillowcase and how excited I was to go home and get it on my pillow.

 All the ladies with their finished pillowcases....


After all the excitement everyone was surely famished so we had some pizza.  I seriously cracked up when Ave's friends each had a half of a slice whilst Ave devoured three pieces and Em knocked down two on her own.  That's my girls, when it comes to eating we don't mess around.  
 No one felt they needed to give their tummies time to settle so we moved right on to candles and cupcakes. Wonder what your wish was miss Ave, hope it comes true.



 We were running out of time so I gave the girls the option of either getting their toes painted or watching a short Strawberry Shortcake movie in the tent with popcorn.  Hands down the movie won so we gathered pillows and set up the laptop to start watching.  The tent was a definite hit.
 Strawberry Shortcake with pink popcorn to snack on was great to wind down and enjoy before everyone's mom started coming.

 It was a lot of fun and by the end I was definitely ready to put the girls down for a nap and have a true slumber party of my own for thirty minutes or so.  Happy Birthday to our beautiful 6 year old, we love you Avery!!! Mom and Dad.



1 comment:

CJ said...

Look at that space in her face!! Happy Birthday, Miss Avery. Happy Birthday, Mr. Hunter. Have a great school year :)