Thursday, August 09, 2012

Cute things about Emma right now.


Emma is so much fun, she is still like my little shadow around the house.  She will go play and then come in and give me a hug and say, "Love Mom" and then want a kiss or want me to hold her for a minute before she goes back to playing.  Favorite things right now to play and do:
* Ariel still reigns supreme
*Dream Lite in the princess tent
* Playing house and being the mommy that just had a new baby, baby dolls and more baby dolls
* Playdough
* Getting all the bowls and cooking utenils and using the fridge magnets to "cook me something"
* Dress up with Avery and pretend to do dance class in the tutus or be princesses with the high heels anything with her big sister
* LEGO time with Hunter just the two of them
* Get her finger or toe nails painted
* Color in coloring books
* Play with mommy on the computer
* Racing across the house on the cue of "your mark, get set, go!!"
*Reading on the couch on mommy's lap
* Snuggling with dad at night watching a tv show
* Playing nursery and being the nursery teacher while Hunter and Ave are the kids (hilarious!)


Current popular phrases:
"Mom, I need a nack (snack)"
"Woohoo, Ariel come Emma"
"Go nursery, play friends....toys...puzzles"
" No, I do it"
"Mom, I sleep you?" "Mommy wanna nuggle?" (snuggle)
"I wanna come you..."
"I missed you Hunter!" (or Avery, dad or mom)
In the car.... "Listen Beiber Mom?"
Favorite books:  Any Karen Katz books, she loves them I think it is probably her favorite author.  She loves Llama Llama Red Pajama just like Hunter used to, Seek and Find Colors book, Green Eggs and Ham.

Favorite songs:  Anything Justin Beiber, Book of Mormon stories, Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam and the Snowman song

Shows: Sesame street, Strawberry Shortcake movie, Tangled

Favorite Foods: my only slightly picky eater so far but loves waffles, peanut butter with apples, fishy crackers and definitely has a sweet tooth.

Favorite places to go: Library, Nursery, Fry's to the bakery for a cookie before shopping, Petco to see the fishies, Park, Grandma's house

Friends: Sara, Kate and Ellie



Some of the quirks that crack us up:
* She HATES being sticky so we keep wipes on hand during all meals because if her fingers are sticky she won't finish eating until they are wiped 
* She twirls her hair with her finger and wraps it around it
* She doesn't like loud noises, including thunder or loud cheering
* She loves dance and already practices up on her tip toes twirling (she already asks about dance class)
* She always wants some "stick" on herself after I put mine on my lips
* She loves to get her "paint nails" done
* She falls asleep still to her ocean sounds and wakes up to them every morning we hear them across the monitor
* Loves dad to toss her in the air or wrestle with her
* Loves to help sort laundry into piles
* She is a tease and gives a coy little smile when she is playing with you



Her personality still reminds me so much of myself and it has been fun for me to have a kid that is so momified.  She is so sweet and affectionate and continues to be my little gentle healer.  Dad is smitten with her big baby blues and melts when she throws her arms around him.  Hunter and Avery are so attentive to her and try to still carry her everywhere and give her everything.  They are always saying "Look Mom at Emma" and then telling me something cute she is doing.  She is smart as a whip and talks up a storm.  She is definitely a tease and super shy with people she doesn't know.  Very very girly and like I said loves her mommy.  I love her so much, she has brought so much joy to our home with her sweet spirit and continues to brighten my day with her happy little countenance.









No comments: