Friday, August 05, 2011

Sunset beach-day two

We were up bright and early on Wednesday morning headed down to the beach to play. I couldn't believe how warm and clear the water was. Neat shades of blues and greens.

The girls in their ruffled swimsuits. I love Ave's swimsuit, I love the colors and wish they had it in my size :) Emma's of course looking like it should be worn at ballet class instead of the beach but I think it is adorable. All the hot pink tulle on the butt, so sweet. Watching her toddle along down the beach in it made me smile. The kids started digging in the sand right away and trying to make castles, taking turns burying each other and looking for shells and pieces of dried coral. I love this pictures of Ave's little sandy bum. Then it was into the water. Again I couldn't believe how warm the water was. I also could'nt believe the amount of coral, reefs and rocks in the water. Within the first five minutes we had also seen a small school of fish right in the water with us. Hunter found a stick and was sure that he could manage to spear one.
Brenn borrowed a paddle board from the Krebs and gave us all a little lesson. It was harder of course than it looked since Brenn makes it look so easy. It was not so hard to get up and stand as it was to paddle through the water once you got up. It took alot more strength than I would have expected. It was really fun, I wish I would have had more time to try to get better. Here we are all trying to learn. The pics are tiny so it is hard to see but it is Kimbre, then me, then mom and then Deke.

Then we had the kids each take a turn trying to at least feel what it was like to stand up on the board. Of course there was also a ton of creatures to explore on the beach. Tad showed the kids how to dig down in the sand and find sand crabs in their holes. It took only about five minutes to find this little guy that they finally coerced out of his hole with this dried palm piece. Or how about this guy. A big monk seal that was laying around on the beach right by the water sunning himself. Letting everyone come around and get close to him and take some pictures literally right behind him. Hunter said it was "Better than Sea World."After spending all day playing in the ocean the kids were wiped and we headed back to get cleaned up and meet Grandpa for his birthday dinner. The kids started a stock pile in the backyard of all the pieces of dried up coral that they could find.
Then a couple of quick family pics out in the backyard and then we met up with my dad and Lisa at Kahuku's grill and had some delicious coconut macadamia crusted shrimp with sticky rice and a salad with a yummy papaya dressing. It was sooooooo good. What a way to start our trip, it is beautiful here. I can't believe we are in Hawaii!

1 comment:

Erin said...

SO. JEALOUS!