Friday, August 26, 2011

north shore- day seven

Monday morning we got up and headed out with Dad and Lisa to the Dole Pineapple Plantation. We started off with a little ride on the Pineapple Express train going through the plantation and seeing the fields and different things they grow there. The kids loved getting to ride on a train, I was still amazed how colorful everything is here. It is so nice to see something other than brown. A few of the sights along the way. Then we found these lovely wooden signs and had fun imaging ourselves as a pineapple :) :)Took a quick minute to check out a pond full of bright orange fish.Stopped in to have some pineapple flavored soft serve in a yummy sugar cone with a nice pineapple wedge on the side. YUM.Then we divided up, half the group braving the World's Largest Botancial Maze the others checking out the gardens. Hunter was totally stoked about finishing this maze. From the aerial view the maze is shaped like a pineapple. A shot of the card/guide used to make your way through the maze which I believe took them almost an hour to make their way completely through. A couple shots from the "garden group"...Once through the gardens we went in and Marley decided to choose a pearl from an oyster and have it made into a necklace. Which then led to Dad deciding that he neeeded to get us each a pair of pearl earrings. I thought it was neat that my dad gave us each our first pair of diamond earrings and now our first set of pearls. They were beautiful. Mar's pearls were white. Kimbre's were bluish black.Lisa's were a tanish pink.It was neat because you chose the oyster you wanted. Then you tapped it three times with the knife and everyone said "Aloha" and then they opened it. When my oyster opened it had two pearls inside. Lucky me :) My pearls are a beautiful dusty pink color. It was actually really neat to see how they pulled the pearls out of the inside. The lady smiled and told me that it must be a sign of twins in my future. My sister and I smiled when I told them I had already had a set. :) The kids thought this whole thing was amazing. How did the oyster do that Hunter kept asking me. Then we headed outside to let the kids try some fresh coconut and get our first taste of sugar cane. After touring every part of the plantation available we headed into town to meet Brenn and Kaulin for a burger. We ate at a really good burger place where they pretty much put an entire avacado on your burger. Again YUM.Off to get some shaved ice and then enjoy the rest of the afternoon walking the shops, visiting and hanging out together.



No comments: