Saturday, October 02, 2010

I won't have to wish I had because I am.....


I won't have to wish I had because I am....

rocking you to sleep every night.

playing down on the floor with you everyday with toys or rolling or tossing you in the air or tickling you.

spending a half hour or more splashing and playing in the tub at night making you a baby mohawk or watching you chew on the washcloth.

I dress you in dresses or cute flared jeans. Experiment with different bows and flowers, put you in dress shoes and little pink flip flops and of course paint your tiny toe nails.

I won't have to wish that I had been so worried about getting chores done that I didn't take in the moment because there are days where laundry or dishes wait awhile in place of playing or holding you.


I won't have to wish that I had read to you more because we lay on my bed or sit in the rocking chair and read the books you seem to like.


Putting the most yummy smelling lotion on you and putting you in the most snuggly blanket and then smelling you and squeezing you tight.

Watching you sleep long after I have laid you down.


Holding you all the time and constantly mugging on you kissing those little fat cheeks.


Still crying in gratitude over you on a daily basis.

I am trying my best to stop the busyiness of everday and just "be" with you and enjoy every quirk and cute thing you do. I am trying to spend quiet moments with you and hold you and kiss you and rock you. I am enjoying you so much because I know how fast it is going and how fast it will continue to go. I love watching you grow.

3 comments:

Josh and Claudia Tieman said...

AWWW... this is Emma is getting so BIG! Sounds like you have a lot of really great things happening at the Burch home! Congrats Deke! Hey I am planning on calling you today, but just wanted to see if this Saturday you want to get together. Kassi and I are planning on hanging out that day and wanted to see if you/ you and the kiddo's (whichever you want would like to all come hang out)

Shanna said...

Emma, you are so cute! Getting so big! XXXOOOXXXOOO Luv ya! Grandma Tobar

Annie said...

I miss you already pumpkin!!! :( I LOVED seeing you again. I have missed you soooo much! PLEASE let's get together soon. Elle will love Avery. Ollie said to me later, you're friends were awesome Annie...why havent we stayed in contact with them?? and I honestly couldnt come up with an answer that didn't make me angry. SO, we will stay in contact and I am not gonna take "I'm too busy" for an answer. haha. can't wait to see u again girlie!