Saturday, September 11, 2010

This is her tree.

Every baby has something that keeps their attention or calms them down when they are fussy. For Emma it is this tree: When she was first born and had a little jaundice I would lay her by the sliding glass door so that her skin could get some sunlight and I noticed that she was staring up at the tree intently. Everytime she would be on the floor and start to kind of fuss bored with toys I would put her mat over by the door where she could see the tree and she would stop and stare at it. She is fascinated by it. Out of all my kids she is the most sensitive to noises. She does not like loud noises even loud laughing will scare her and make her cry. Toys with too loud of music or noise she doesn't like. So I can understand the appeal for her. The tree is bright and colorful with bright yellow flowers and she can see up in the sky with the clouds. When the wind blows it shakes or even in a breeze it sways. It is a honeysuckle and so there are always bright busy hummingbirds drinking the nectar. We all laugh at her interest in it is so funny. When I find myself saying to her "do you want to go lay by your tree" it kind of cracks me up. I guess it is her time to "become one with nature" and let's face it I guess we all need that :) :)

1 comment:

BLY and LOU said...

Holy Moly!!! Emma has grown so much!!! So happy Deke got a job! love you guys