Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Such a Momma's girl

I knew it was bound to happen eventually and finally it has. Emma is definitely no question about it a major Momma's girl. Hunter was always happy to go to Deke or I and was content to be taken care of equally. Avery was a total daddy's girl and would go to Deke over me majority of the time. I used to tease Deke that Avery had him wrapped around his finger. I would tell him he was spoiling her and he would protest saying that he couldn't help it that she loved her daddy so much :) Now I admit I am eating my words. I am completely, willingly, not even trying to get out of it wrapped by this little girl. If she cries I am over there attending to her or usually picking her up. I am comitting what I consider cardinal sins :) in parenting with her such as: 1. rocking her to sleep every night 2. Holding her all the time 3. letting her sneak into bed with us at night or in the morning for a little while . She is still sleeping in our room with us because I am not ready to move her in with Avery I can't hardly stand the thought of it. She really looks a lot like Deke's baby pictures but I think that she may have my eyes. She melts me I am absolutely smitten. I just can't get enough of her. Deke and the grandparents all sets harrass me about holding her to much but I can't help it. I am so grateful to have her and waited so long for her. Every morning when I wake up I can't wait to rush over and kiss on her because I actually missed her during the night. I feel so connected to her little spirit that I felt for so long before she was acutally here. The second that I come into the room if someone else is holding her and she hears me she starts looking around for me. I am truly so grateful for her she brings our family so much joy. I love you so much Emma you are so precious to me sweet girl. Love, Mommy.

No comments: