Tuesday, April 06, 2010

"My baby Emma"

Avery is a big sister. She knew she was going to be before any of us knew. I know these two are going to have a special bond, they already do. When Ave told everyone that day at lunch that "Mom had a baby in her belly" her "baby Emma" I didn't even know at all that I was pregnant yet. Imagine my confusion at where it was coming from when she kept telling everyone at preschool and church and everywhere that I was pregnant with "baby Emma." So of course when we found out we were having a girl I was shocked, "Avery we are having a girl, a sister!" I excitedly told her. She looked at Deke and I as if we were finally getting it and matter of fact like said "Yep, my baby Emma." She knew. I don't know how but she knew. As far as she is concerned Em is her baby. She loves being a big sister and can't stop planting squishy kisses on her. She wants to squeeze her and hold her and help with every part of taking care of her. She loves to get the diaper and help pull the tab and stick it on. She loves to help "scrub" her hair in the bath. They are so sweet. I am so happy for the two of them that they have each other, there is just nothing in the world like having a sister. They are going to have so much fun growing up together.

No comments: