Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Gingerbread madness and Grandma's house

This year we headed for San Diego to spend Christmas. Hunter was so excited, he had made a card for Grandma Tobar and could not wait to give it to her. For two days he carried it around everywhere with him and almost had a meltdown when he accidentally set it down in some water on the counter top and blurred the marker. He even fell asleep holding it on the drive to San Diego which was so precious and hilarious that I had to get a shot of it. We had so much fun playing pictionary, talking, watching movies, seeing the sights and having sister time. Okay so it is a yearly Christmas tradition in our family to do a gingerbread house contest. It has also become a tradition in our family for Deke's team to wipe the floor with the rest of the teams with his house design and structure...this year was no different.
TEAM #1
Team 1: Kimbre and Marley were teamed up and did a wonderful design of Big Ben and looking over the city. I thought that there ferris wheel was so creative it was adorable. I also liked that the view was as if you were looking over the top of the city from an airplane.
TEAM #2
Team 2: Okay those pictures of us, yes we are dorks but by that time we had had waaay to many gumdrops :) Me and Mom did a creative rendition of a Japanese house complete with symbols and a gum peaked roof. I especially love our little gong and green gummy bear "buddy idol" as well as our gum drop lanterns hanging from licorice string. The noodles in gum drop are our sad attempt at bamboo.

TEAM #3
Team 3: Deke and Brenn did a sweet multiple level castle with cut out windows, a draw bridge, gummy bear guards, and cool sugar dyed water. Yes Brenn is using an exacto knife, they are hardcore. :) So yeah we will never let them be on the same team again :)I have to admit it was really good. I really have to start a few weeks early and make my plan this next year so I can squash team Deke :) Oh by the way notice the king and queen with gum wrapper hats and the guard up top carrying the noodle.... it's all about the details.

2 comments:

Josh and Claudia Tieman said...

HAHA!! How much fun!! Gingerbread house construction is no joke, by the looks of it!!

Annie said...

Mekell! it's Annie! I can't believe I found you...finally! I've missed you so much girlie...:) I have a blog on here too...just set it up yesterday...
http://annieammerman.blogspot.com/

Hunter is looking so much like both of you it's scary! :) and Avery looks adorable! Please write back when you can...I hope you're having a great new year.