Friday, November 23, 2007

What?!?!

Okay so on a wild hair after Thanksgiving dinner we decided to join the madness of "Black Friday" and head to the mall. We put the kids and Deke to bed and the girls and I headed to Arrowhead mall at about 12:30 a.m. The stores opened up anywhere from one o'clock to six o'clock. When we first arrived there the mall looked like this:

By one o'clock it was hoppin. The disney store had a line starting from the store all the way five stores down and people were filling it up. The store didn't open until three o'clock but these people were seriously hardcore about disney items and had been there since about eleven. I pondered if there was anything in the disney store that I would be willing to wait pretty much all night for sitting outside on tile in a mall waiting only for the doors to open and be trampled by all the crazed moms trying to get gifts for their kids. I decided that there definitely wasn't. After about an hour we decided to leave the mall empty handed but glad that we had taken time to reaffirm that shopping on this day was really not that worth it. As we headed home we went past Best Buy and my jaw hit the ground. People lined up from one end of the large strip mall all the way through it to the other end where the Best Buy was. Tents, air mattresses, people with blankets sitting in folding chairs playing cards. I guess there is also an appeal for the experience not just the sales. I know there has to be some item that I would be willing to take such measures to obtain but so far I really have not been able to think of a single one. However today on Saturday we did go by Kohl's and find two thanksgiving bowls and a beautiful platter all for like four dollars. I am definitely a girl who shops the sales and likes good deals but if you look you can find amazing deals all year long. Stores but a sign up in the window saying SALE and people come in throngs. Did anyone hear about the lady who almost got trampled by a rushing crowd yesterday as they opened the store doors?? Yeah definitely not something worth risking your life over or even in my opinion losing sleep for. The upside: time with the girls which is always a blast and just another fun memory made with them. Love you girls!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sister!!! I always love your blog, but I especially loved the Thanksgiving one because it reminded me of how much fun it was and I missed you so much as I read it. Thank you for my cute "I'm a Nut" song on my voicemail. I did not have the best day, and listening to it made me feel so loved and happy. You are such a great sis and friend and I love your guts. ps...i forgot my charger in AZ so I will be attempting to communicate via internet thanks to my roomate's laptop. Hopefully my charger will come in the mail soon..ok well this is a really long post..sry!!! :) Kiss my babies for me and email me if you can! love you! xoxo-Kimbre