Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Okay, here it is...

I have been tagged and so everyone here you go here are six things you might not know about me:

1) I hate metal. I hate the smell of it, I hate how dirty it is. I don't like to touch the keys so if I have to use them to open the door I have to wash my hands right after I do. If I am leaving the house then I have to use a wet wipe or else I will think about the metal on my hands all the way until I get to a sink to wash. I will never carry change around, even the thought of holding it in my hands grosses me out. The smell of the metal on my kids hands after they swing on a swing, disgusting. I absolutely hate it, a little OCD I know.

2) I love rice krispy treats. I can eat a whole 9X11 pan by myself. They are probably one of my favorite snacks.

3) I am obsessed with germs on my pillowcase. I am the owner of more pillowcases then I can count. I put a pillowcase on one night, then turn it inside out the next night, and then it is time for a fresh one. If all pillowcases are dirty I will use one of Deke's clean t-shirts as a substitute or else it will drive me crazy. I have been given pillowcases for a gift before. Deke lovingly supports this problem and will change my pillowcase for me if he gets in bed before I do. Okay sorry another very OCD tendency.

4) I have a strange skill at memorizing numbers. I have our socials, my driver's license, water bill account numbers (actually all account numbers), old addresses and phone numbers from childhood, customer service phone numbers for our accounts etc. etc.

5) I won't eat any blue foods that would change my tongue, mouth and or teeth blue. Some of these foods include: Popsicles, suckers, kool aide, and M&M's. I will also not distribute any of these blue foods to my children. To see someone with a blue tongue or tinted blue teeth again grosses me out and I am really not sure why on this one.

6) I wanted to be an anchorwoman for a news station as my career choice. I actually started out as a journalism major at MCC and then realized that if I wanted kids that it would be a difficult career choice. I still think about it and would have loved the opportunity to work in that field I still have an interest in it. As a kid I used to love to borrow the video camera and put on mock newscasts with my sisters and friends.

Well now that we have established that I am a rice krispy loving, germaphobe with multiple OCD tendencies who became a teacher and secretly wishes to be working at channel 12, memorization wiz let me tell you a few other things...

* I may be OCD about a lot of things but I never iron, my side of the closet is always a mess and I love touching slimy things like the inside of the pumpkin at Halloween. I remember numbers but I am bad at Math and consider eating a blue M&M every now and again. Whew! Well that's all folks probably more than you ever cared to know :) :) Check the post below for pics of the kids, they are much more interesting.

1 comment:

CJ said...

We all have our idiosyncrasies. I somehow can't believe that your side of the closet is messy though. Avery and Hunter look so cute playing together! Happy Thanksgiving!