Tuesday, September 30, 2014

56 girls and 1 boy


The first time Emma and I ever had a conversation about her being a mom someday I asked her how many kids she wanted to have.  She thought for a second and then said, "56 girls and 1 boy."  She has stuck to that number.  Now any time she talks about being a mom, when she plays house with Ave or a friend, she wants to be the mom and have "56 girls and 1 boy."  Regardless of me telling her that it isn't possible to have that many children she still insists and tells me that's how many babies she wants to have.  Lots and lots of girl babies.  Everything about her little personality does make me think that Em will one day have a house full of little girls.  She has a million stuffed animals and dolls and every night she spends a least ten minutes getting them all organized on the bed next to her in a giant pile.  They get at least half of her bed and then she gets the other half and still has Ariel and Elsa tucked in under her arm.  Some nights I go in and she is sweating with them piled all around her.  I will take them off and set them on the ground and in the morning she will have picked them up and put them in bed again sometime during the night.  Every night she arranges them different and has different "babies" take a turn getting to sleep closer to her.  Ariel being the only exception.  Ariel has always and I think will always be her special doll.  Oh Miss Em you are a good momma and love all those babies.

No comments: