Sunday, August 11, 2013

Second and Fourth

 Second grade and Fourth grade.  Not gonna lie I didn't feel like either was a huge change and was grateful.  That is until I found out that they are trying something new this year and the fourth graders rotate classes.....for the ENTIRE day!!! WHAT??  Don't they start this in 6th grade??  I couldn't believe that they start out in their homeroom and are there for about thirty minutes and then they rotate for the rest of the day for all their subjects.  I just didn't realize he would be doing this so soon.  It was weird getting all his supplies ready.  Organizing a binder for different subject areas.  Loading his zipper pencil pouch in and getting the required 3 subject binders.  So weird.  Sometimes I feel like having the kids birthdays and then school starts right after has always been a lot of emotional transition for mom :) :)  This year the teacher that teaches Science is awesome.  He will be Hunter's first male teacher and he has a lizard and two fire belly toads in his classroom.  His classroom is awesome!! Hunter was in heaven.  I can't wait to see what is in store for him this year.  He is also the teacher in charge of the Oceanography club for fifth graders and this year has gotten a trip organized for the fourth graders going canyoneering at the Grand Canyon for a weekend trip for those interested.  You'd better believe that both Deke and Hunter were super excited about that one.  They will have a geologist going along with them which will be such a neat experience for the kids.  Hunter will probably be counting down the days on that one.  This is going to be a really great year for him I can tell.
 Avery's teacher seems nice but is harder for me to read.  Avery is very excited to be in school again.  She loves going to school.  She is especially excited for music class because it is her favorite special.  This year they will do an end of the year musical, she will also do "walk to math" and take a couple of field trips.  I am excited to get to spend an afternoon every other week in her classroom volunteering.  We got them all ready and headed outside to take a couple of pics on their first morning.  It was bright out and they both couldn't stop squinting in the AZ heat.   The younger two waved goodbye to them all the way until they were out of sight.  This first week Emma has been so sad without them.  She keeps telling me she is lonely.  As soon as they walk in the door Hudson goes crazy giggling and waving at them.
  More transition but I have a really good feeling.  This year is going to be busy but really full and a lot of fun.  So here we go again.....

1 comment:

Kassi said...

Okay so I know he is 10 but when I read this post of Hunter and Avery starting 2nd and 4th grade it hit me how big they are getting! I could swear I was just at your apartment babysitting Hunter while studying for my Senior exams for high school and going up to visit Avery in the NICU with you guys after work when I had just started at Cardon's! Where has the time gone!?!?