Friday, June 08, 2012

Grandma's 70th

 This year for Mother's Day weekend we headed up to Taylor to celebrate my Grandma's 70th birthday.  It was a fun weekend and always great to see all my aunts, uncles and cousins.  A pic of the grandkids that were able to come...
 Saturday night Mom and her sisters had scheduled the church building and decorated it all up for a birthday party for Grandma.  They had a pulled pork dinner with all the extras, a slide show, games, and presents for Grandma. 
 My three were pretty enthusiastic about the pinata business....




 Grandma and Grandpa and their kids.....


 Miss E helping hand GG her birthday presents which included a Shutterfly photo book that all the grandkids made with a page by each kid with pictures and memories of them and Grandma.


 The rest of the weekend was spend laying around, playing games on the grass, pottery hunting, eating and the kids loving being able to be outside all day since it was nice and cool up there.
 Saturday morning we headed over to see Grandpa at an antler show he was doing....that was really cool.  Both he and Bly had some antlers there, I don't think I have ever seen so many in my life. 







 The kids played so hard outside, playing games, swimming and running around with their cousins.  It is so fun for me to watch my kids be able to play with my cousins that are actually closer to their age.  I am so glad they are getting the chance to get to know them better and form those relationships.



 Had to put in a couple of pictures of the sky from the forest fire as we drove home.  It was so nice to get away for the weekend, out of the heat and up to the country for a slower pace of life for a little while. 

No comments: