Friday, June 08, 2012

Girls like sticks too, duh

Of course they do, especially when there are so many cool ones lying around the ball field.  Sure she spends the first half of the game standing by the fence saying "Hi Hunter!!" over and over again until he acknowledges her and then randomly from her little pink lawn chair yells "Go Parky's" which is meant to be Go Sparky's but if the games almost over and the snacks have run out you'd better believe she is on the hunt for something fun to play.  "Sorry Em I didn't bring any coloring books this time" I told her searching for something fun for her. 

She climbed off her chair and started walking around the grass, she came running back over to me showing me a huge stick that she was quite excited about and kept going around showing it to everyone.  Other than almost puncturing me in the eye and poking herself a couple of times it kept her happily entertained for the rest of the game.

I had to laugh at myself.  Something as simple as that hadn't even crossed my mind.  Duh MeKell just because she is a girl she can still play with sticks and rocks and bugs in the grass too, not just her dolls and coloring books.  Sort of scolding myself for being so "gender specific" I happily watched her have fun with her stick.  Of course after awhile the novelty had worn off and then she dropped it in the grass, ran back over to her pink chair and flopped down dramatically.  "I tired" she said looking and me  "I wanna paint nails" and suddenly we were back in girl world once again. 

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh, she is getting so big! We miss you guys so much! Mekell, I lost your email address, and I've been trying to find a time that I can call you, but so much is going on all the time! Will you please email me? if nothing else, just so that I can have your email address. Hopefully, we'll connect soon! Thanks. Love you guys immensely!!!