Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Loving love.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!! I have to admit I sort of love Valentine's day. Not necessarily because to me it is the most romantic day of the year because I have to admit Deke is really good about doing romantic things for me on a consistent basis throughout the year. But how can you not love a day that is celebrating LOVE and the people you care about. This year we received some really great cards in the mail from our friends and family. I don't know why but I especially love handmade Valentine's cards. You know just construction paper, glue stick some really cute message..yep I love those. Of course on the top of my list are the ones my babies make for me, the cards this year were nothing short of precious. Had to put a picture of the front of this one. Not so much for the cute flower on front though it is nice, but for the words written below: From: Hunter T0: My parents. Ha ha ha. Not Mom and Dad but now we are "the parents" it just made me laugh because he never addresses us that way it was so formal.Then of course the inside, now that sounds more like him. Loving the date across the top though :) :) :) :)The card he made especially for Deke. I flippin LOVE the scrolling work he did on the right page. He spent a lot of time on it and it looked really cool and very festive. Of course on the back he had to draw a "video game" and an "awesome robot" then added "But Mom it is okay because it is a Valentine's robot." Duh of course he has heart shaped eyes. My favorite thing though was upon completing his card he asked if we could run over to Circle K and get Deke a stick of beef jerky to tape to his Valentine. Love him.Then from Avery the sweetest simple message that warmed my heart. So genuine and her picture is awesome. She is really getting to be quite the little artist these days. I was working at the desk when she came up and told me to close my eyes as she giggled and shuffled through the desk looking for a paper. A few minutes later she came in with something behind her back and pulled out this little notecard. "Mooom, I made you this Va-len-tine!!" she said "I've been working really hard on it" she added as I took it from her. This one is a keeper, it will go in her file of special papers. As always she made sure to give me awesome shoes, she knows I am not a fan of heels :) :) Enjoying some of the fun colorful cards on the counter.... Filled some balloons up and put them in our room for Deke....Attached some "coupons" for different things for him on the strings. We had fun putting a little decor on the kids door before they came home from school. They loved it. Avery had us laughing when she started yelling, "Hunter!! Look there is licorice taped on our doors!!!!" jumping up and down. With her I swear it doesn't take much she is seriously a really easy to please child. She told me that she was going to tell Ms. Magill tomorrow that when she came home there was a pack of licorice taped on her door!I may have found these at Fry's and well, princess sugar cookies that have high heels on them. I had to get them for my little shoe fanatic. Happy Valentine's Avery Klaire. Whilst the older two were enjoying their day poor Emma was sick again. She has only ever had two Valentine's days and poor baby she has been sick on both of them. She is pretty darn sick too, feverish and a really bad cough. Off to the pediatrician tomorrow. A heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's for dinner ate picnic style with the kids and then running around pie pops to neighbors and friends for dessert. Then enjoyed the rest of the night with my hubby. It was a great day, poor Em though. All right baby girl next year I am going to be ready the week before vitamin C in hand to ensure a sick free day. Loving all the love round here.



1 comment:

The Kleyn Family said...

You are a great example of a fun, thoughtful & genuinely happy momma! So fun following your blog! Looks like your heart day was fantastic!