Sunday, July 17, 2011

"Sparkle Toe Sketchers"

We got them!! Ave's "Sparkle Toe Sketchers" as she calls them. It was about six months ago when Avery saw a Sketchers commercial on TV for Twinkle Toes tennis shoes. Of course true to her love of a shoe she excitedly started yelling for me to come see. "I love those shoes! They have sparkles on the toe part Mom, I really really want some of those." "Probably for kindergarten I told her"...and boy has she held me to it. Since then we have heard about these shoes. If the commercial comes on she calls for me to hurry and see as if it is something brand new. She talks to people including her Sunbeam teacher about them and how "pretty" they are, the Sparkle Toe Sketchers that she is going to get. It is sweet. I love that she calls them sparkle toe instead of twinkle toe. She has talked about these shoes for months. When we are at the mall if she sees them she excitedly hurries me over to them to look at them and hold them. At the beginning of summer we went to the shoe store to get some sandals for the girls. As we reached the aisle I looked down to see Ave barefoot with three boxes around her all ready to start trying on. "Avery, where are your shoes?" I asked her. She pointed towards the end of the aisle. I walked down and looked and sure enough they were sitting by the front door. The kid had literally walked into the store, took off her shoes and headed for the boxes. We are in so much trouble :) I am more a shirt junkie, I could have a million tops and love to accessorize with earring and necklaces, bows etc. But shoes don't do a lot for me. However I do fall in love with baby shoes. Seriously the most impractical thing you can buy for a baby. Why then do they make them so stinkin adorable. It is nice because now that Emma is walking I feel more justified in splurging on a few pairs. There were so many cute ones I could have bought like eight pairs. Gold strappy ones, tiny pink Vans style, so tiny and sweet. Anyways we picked up a couple of pairs of sandals for Ave. "Okay now time to get my Sparkle toes" she told me. Again I reminded her we would wait for Kindergarten. This weekend we decided to finish up the kids school shopping. While shopping we went past the shoe department and lo and behold there they were again. "Can I get some Mom...please?" she asked. "Start trying them on"Deke said and then grinned as we watched her grab a pair in each style. Her little voice racing about a mile a minute she tried each on telling us what she liked/disliked about each pair. "This one doesn't light up, I want them to have pink on them, etc. etc." Then she found these. They light up in the front and the back, they have pink on them and all sorts of other fun designs and of course their toes "Sparkle." "Alright let's go buy them" we told her. "I get to take them home! And wear them for Kindergarten!" she squealed. After purchasing she carried the bag to the car, took them out and admired them all the way home and tried them on at least five times before bed. Yesterday and today she has been trying to find every reason to get to wear them somewhere and has been bummed that I am making her wait until school. What she doesn't know is that we are going to let her take them to wear in Hawaii. She is going to be so excited. She is adorable. I love this girl.


1 comment:

CJ said...

Now that is a girl after my heart! I heart shoes!!!