Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother-Daughter Night

This last week the girls and I went to a RS Enrichment night that was a Mother-Daughter night. The theme was "My Three White Dresses." I was so excited about this night for two reasons. First because this is my first Mother Daughter activity to attend as a mom. Second with Emma's baby blessing right around the corner this theme seemed so perfect. Hopefully I will finish getting it sewed before next week :) I got the girls all dressed up in matching outfits which I love to do. I try to even find them matching headbands and bows if I can. They had the tables set up with lit topiaries and tea cups and saucers and beaded necklaces just like a tea party. One side of the cultural hall had blessing dresses, baptism dresses and wedding dresses displayed all along the wall as well as pictures. The other side of the hall had the food. All kinds of yummy small sandwiches, bite sized brownies, mini cookies and lemonade. Perfect kind of tea party foods :) My neighbor who is the enrichment leader and also a vinyl guru had taken a whole bunch of clear plastic cups and put an adorable pink crown on each one for every girl. Avery could not believe it. "Mom there is a princess crown on my cup...and it's pink!!" First we started out with dinner then some get to know you games. Then they had a very cute fashion show with girls modeling the various three dresses. We then watched a video montage of my three white dresses of pictures of girls in the ward. I of course got emotional looking over at my two cute little girls imagining them on their baptism day and as beautiful brides. At the end of the night they gave each girl a vinyl saying to put on a wall or mirror that had a pink crown and said. "Have eyes to see what heaven sees in you." It was such a fun night and so special to have some fun just the girls. I look forward to many more "girls only" nights ahead. Love you Ave and Emma.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

How fun! Congratulations on the new little one!! (sorry I'm a little late) We're having another one ourselves, surprise, surprise! Another girl. I really wanted a brother for Luke but that's OK, we'll take her! Did you make that adorable car seat cover? I need a new one. I got rid of everything since I thought for sure we were done. Congrats again!

CJ said...

I love it! Matching sisters!!! You can tell how much Avery adores her baby Emma. What a great evening.