Monday, July 07, 2008

50 years







I swear if we do not get our computer set up soon I will have a melt down I miss is so much.Well a few weeks ago we headed up to Taylor to celebrate my Grandpa and Grandma Hatch's 50th wedding anniversary. We had family pictures taken, had a wonderful party, a family talent show and made lots of memories. After the party each of the grandkids had prepared a talent and we did a talent show for them. Hunter did a little break dancing since he has recently told us that he is "headed to Vegas after preschool to be on So You Think You Can Dance." Avery did a little dancing herself as well as some of her famous version of push ups. My family is so It was a very special, emotional weekend for me. I had so much fun laughing and visiting with everyone. I could not stop thinking about how much life happens in fifty years. I think of everything that has happened in my marriage after only six years and marvel at the journey of that many years together. My grandparents have seen and been through so much and yet have still walked together side by side through it all. In a world where it seems as if no one stays married for very long anymore it is refreshing to have good examples to look at. To see them sitting next to each other holding hands and reflect on their journey to this point was very touching for me. I love them very much, look up to them, and am enjoying my own journey. Hopefully we will be back in contact with the computer world soon.

4 comments:

Justina Selim said...

I was wondering what happened to ya! The pics are cute!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

I love the first picture. You can see that your grandparents are still in love with each other! Great pictures of your own little family too! You have such a cute family :)

Holly

CJ said...

Hi ya'll! We sure are missing you, where are you? Mekell, you look like you've lost weight. You all look great. Send us an email soon!

Hailey said...

Great pictures!! Avery wasn't too interested in looking at the camera though, was she! The ones of you and Deke are so nice.

Congratulations to your grandparents. That IS quite an accomplishment.