Monday, March 31, 2008

A quick update

Well I had to start with this photo because I think it is so cute, I love you Deke! Anyways Burch life is busy as usual and here are some photos of what we have been up to. Deke and I took a little trip up to Holbrook this last weekend and since we were there we had to see the Wigwam hotel (you know the idea behind the cozy cone hotel in the Cars movie)


We also stopped in Winslow to make sure to see the "Man Standing on the Corner" of Winslow, AZ and go through a couple of cute shops totally dedicated to ROUTE 66.


A quick stop just outside of Joe City where my parents met to visit Geronimo. A little trading post where my mom once had I believe a summer job.


In Joe City we actually went by Grandma and Grandpa Hatch's old house since Deke had never seen it. It was kind of emotional to me to see it again and think about the fact that this little town is where my parents met and that this was the house they used to come home to on their dates.
Oh yes and Easter came and went. I have to post my favorite part of Easter in the next picture below. I LOVE these little chicks, they each have a different adorable pose that suggests certain personality traits. Yes I realize that they aren't real but they for whatever reason are adorable to me and I look forward to Easter because of them.

These are the cute Easter bouquets that we made for the Grandma's for Easter this year.


This is the Surprise Stadium where we took our kids for an egg hunt like no other. Never seen so many people, so many ridiculous people. The hunts were supposed to be divided into age groups yet somehow a thirty some odd woman still ended up walking off the field during the two year old hunt, unaccompanied by a child in a short skirt and spaghetti strap shirt, with as many eggs as she could hold carried in her shirt. All I could think was "Really lady, really???" Other than the fact that we had to sit in stadium seats for twenty minutes each holding a two and under child on our lap with the view of colored eggs waiting right before them it was great.
I let little Avery run out onto the field and was prepared to take on any of the crazy moms that were out there if they tried taking any of her eggs as she tried to gather them. As everyone rushed around her she just slowly picked them up one by one and smiled at me every time oblivious to the madness surrounding her.

Hunter however was raring to go and quickly dashed away from Deke in pursuit of just the right eggs. The word "comical" comes to mind as I watched Hunter dart through the crowds with Deke weaving and darting in and out trying to keep up with him. All in all very fun except for the fact that the bunny left the scene early and that reduced a very tired Hunter to tears.








































































3 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW! To see the JC house brings back memories. It has been so long. But the yard still looks the same. I love the Easter pics.

CJ said...

What very cute Easter chicks and decorations. I have never seen a field with quite that many eggs! Avery looks just like the back of Brit at that age. The curls too. Hunter is looking like such a big boy. Hope you are all well and happy.

Unknown said...

Love seeing your old house and familiar sites up north and also seeing pictures of your beautiful mom. Tell her to email when she can. thegutts@aol.com