Monday, March 03, 2008

It's here again

Two things to start off my post: First of all I just have to say how much I absolutely love this kid. Secondly, I have to apologize for the crazy coloring in my photos. My camera is dying and the people at Ritz camera checked it out and to fix it will cost more than it is worth. I had to figure after five years being used so often and being a very basic camera that it was going to happen eventually. We could buy a new one for that much which is what we are now saving up to do. So until the blessed new camera comes the color distorted pictures will have to do. Well Deke and I recently celebrated our birthday's on the 25th and 27th of February. Since Deke had work and school until 10 0'clock on his birthday we had decided to wait and celebrate later on in the week. However as the day went on I just kept feeling sad that Deke wasn't going to have any kind of celebration on his actual birthday. After dinner Hunter and I ran over to Fry's and got all the fixin's to make Deke a "transformer cake".Instead of using cake we made a big rice krispy cube to function as the "all spark" (sorry if you haven't seen the movie than it may not make a lot of sense). Then we put a couple of transformer figurines on the top and I did a bad artistic rendition of the transformer logo with a piece of tin foil for the front. It could have looked a million times better but of course I waited until last minute and was just trying to get it done, but the love that was put into it was definitely evident. Not to mention the fact that Hunter had so much fun he couldn't stop smiling and giggling as we were making it. Hunter was so excited that he couldn't sleep and so when Deke got home he was still wide awake and we put candles in it and dug in. It didn't matter to Deke how homemade it looked, he loved it. For my birthday Deke took me to pick out some much needed work clothes which are so cute. I found five adorable tops, two pairs of earrings and two necklaces. Then instead of doing a cake we enjoyed a Jamba Juice which was much more refreshing since it is trying to turn into summer down here already. I can't believe it is only low eighties and I am already feeling irritable about the oncoming heat. I again ask myself why I live here since I love the fall weather, rain, cold and snow. Anyways, on Friday we celebrated as a family by going out to Oregano's for pizza, which by the way is amazing! We had a yummy pizza with feta cheese, bacon and sun dried tomatoes and a delicious antipasta salad. For dessert we enjoyed this delightful little number... yes that is a deep dish cookie, one half peanut butter chocolate chip, the other half chocolate chip warm and still a little gooey. It was delicious, not as good to me as Macayo's chocolate chimi cheesecakes but still tasty. As if we hadn't had enough fun we took Hunter and Avery for their first bowling experience. Over in Mesa there is an alley that has 99 cent games in the afternoons. We had bumpers on our lane and we let Hunter throw his own ball by himself after showing him once or twice and he beat me by two points. Now I must be honest this really wouldn't be a huge feat since I am the world's worst bowler but he is four so....yeah I am pathetic. Anyways it was so so much fun and the kids loved it. We had such a fun week celebrating birthdays, when you can celebrate with the kids it makes getting older feel a lot more fun.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you look so much like your mom in the top picture (that is a GREAT thing) and good to see your an Oreganos fan. Love the bazookie too!

Justina Selim said...

How fun! I love the cake, you are so creative! It looks like you had a blast making it! The deep dish cookie looks amazing! The mention of Macayo's made me sad, we don't have any good mexican restaurants up here! Love the bowling pics!

Hailey said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend! That's so cool that your birthdays are together and you can celebrate together.

BTW, I have tagged you...get details on my blog!

Kristal said...

yeah! You and your husband are soo cute! I can't wait to take your pictures!!! Oh, and happy really late birthdays!!!