Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Praying for mom

Well I am sure that everyone has heard about the fires going on in California. Yesterday my mom, Marley and Eden had to evacuate because the fire was right in their neighborhood. When we talked to mom last night she said that so far the house was fine and that they were staying at one of Marley's friends houses. My mom said that they were watching the fire head down the hill into the canyon where Poway sits and that you just wouldn't believe it. I am so thankful that they are fine and hope that the winds will die down so that they can try to get the fire under control. When my mom was telling me about going through the house and choosing what to take, it made me think about my own preparedness. Would I have everything that our family needed to live a few days in a disaster situation? It also made me think about needed to set our plans as to where we would meet if we became separated. It is always good to have plan and it is time for me to look and see where we can make improvements. Looks like we have a good topic for FHE next Monday! I don't know when mom and the girls will be able to go back into the house or what the latest is on the fire in their area but I will try to keep everyone posted as I find out.

2 comments:

CJ said...

I'm so glad that you posted this! I have been watching the news and wondering about your mom and sisters. I just can't believe the devastation! They will be in our prayers.

Hailey said...

That's so scary Mekell. We too will be praying for your mom and others affected by the fires. It does make you stop and think about how prepared you are. We have been doing the same.