Monday, April 09, 2007

My letter


Back in January on Hunter's first day of primary the teachers had put lists of the kids names on the class door. Hunter walked over pointed to his name and said "Hunter," and then pointed to the "H" and exclaimed "Yep mom that is my letter." I decided that it was probably time to start really digging in on letter recognition and sounds. We have been talking a lot about his name and the names of the people in his family. He has been practicing handwriting sheets with his name on them and now is moving to writing free handed. This afternoon he wrote his name better than I have ever seen him write it and I just had to post it. Working with him makes me miss working in Kindergarten with all the new readers and writers. It sure is special though when you can watch your own child pick up a new skill. Way to go Hunterbug!

No comments: