Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Freeze this moment

Do you ever wish you could just freeze time for a little while. Not completely because there are always new and wonderful things happening and waiting to happen. Life has to progress and only continues to get more full and I get that. However I sometimes wish I could freeze a moment and then step back into it and be there again. This was one of those moments for me. The other day we were just having a nice Saturday at home as a family playing outside working on projects etc etc. I was busy running around working on projects and getting stuff done and Emma just kept crawling after me from room to room fussing for me to hold her. Determined to get stuff done I would pick her up for a second to love on her and then put her down and get back to it. She would try to play for awhile but undoubtedly would soon be hot on my trail once again. After lunch we had Hunter and Ave take a little rest time and I looked over and Emma was sitting on the floor reaching up for me. I picked her up grabbed her doll and went over and turned on the radio. I found some nice slow music and started to dance with her. She laid her little head down against my chest, I mean really snuggled in. Within minutes I felt her body relax and the full weight of her sleeping body in my arms. I kept on dancing. I could felt her chest rising and falling as she took breaths, her hair smelling sweet of baby lotion her little fist clenched with a handful of doll hair. Of course tears came, happy tears. I love this little girl so much. I kept on dancing with her until my feet and back were aching to stop. It felt so good to hold her close and nuzzle her and squeeze her. She is my cuddliest baby so far. It was such a wonderful moment. One of those where you really feel the depth of your love for this little person. I wish I could freeze this moment and I guess I can because before I laid her down I had Deke come in and take a quick picture. It is not the same as being able to be right there in the moment again but looking at it will always remind me of its sweetness.

No comments: