Sunday, August 02, 2009

Quick trip to Heber
























One of the ladies I work with got married up in Heber a couple of weeks ago. She asked me to come up and take her pictures. I do not do photography I let her know but I do like to take pictures for fun. This was a second marriage for her and she just asked to have some pics taken and they would pay for our family to stay a night at a lodge up there. Deke and I are always looking for an opportunity to get out of the ridiculous heat of the valley so I agreed. They were married literally on the edge of the rim and it was actually really a beautiful spot to take pictures. They got married in the morning and then had the reception afterwards so at about three o'clock we were free to wander around. So we headed for a scenic drive around Heber. Amazingly even though it is summer it was actually quite green everywhere. We drove down by the lake and found a fun little stream where Deke and Hunter tried to catch crawdad's and waterdogs. Hunter was in heaven climbing trees, finding cool sticks and all kinds of lizards and bugs. We spent like two hours playing around enjoying the grass and trees. Then we went by the corner market and picked up some food and headed back to our room. We got the kids in jammies then used our in room microwave to have hotdogs and chips and potato salad. Then we sat up and played board games and UNO and dominoes as a family and then snuggled into bed and watched a movie together. The next day we woke up and went adventuring again. This time we came across this cool field of flowers and I had to have to kids go out and explore. It was so nice to get away from the city and just be out in the trees. I can't wait to leave AZ and go somewhere with trees and seasons and leave the congestion and heat behind. It was nice to see that there are places here in AZ that are actually green.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hey Mekell,
I've been thinking about you. How did the photo shoot go? you didn't mention it in your post, so it must not have been too bad. I'm glad to see the Heber was a beautiful place to go. It looks like you guys had fun!
Now send or post those pics of your trip up to see us, mmmm-k?
Love you, girl.

Josh and Claudia Tieman said...

I love the pictures Kel! Your two babies are so precious! Looks like you guys had a fun time!