Thursday, March 29, 2007

Deke n' Kel

Deke and I headed to Flagstaff on Friday to stay at a Bed & Breakfast up there for our five year anniversary. I included some pictures and humorous moments from our trip in the post below. During the weekend we spent a lot of time looking back on our first five years. It has gone so fast and we have grown so much through our life experiences. We never imagined the day that we were sealed in the temple, the joy, the heartache, the success, the struggles, and the growth that were in store for us. We feel like we have grown so much in such a short time and are thankful that our experiences have made us grow together. Though there have been trials that we have gone through that have made us feel like we were struggling to get through the day, we have “found our feet” and come out even stronger. Our love, appreciation, commitment, faith, and hope for the future are so strong. I can’t even tell you how many times since we were married that I have gotten down on my knees and said a prayer thanking Heavenly Father for sending me Deke as my eternal companion, I know that Deke and I were meant to be together. He is a consistent happiness in my life when other things in the world are so fleeting. When we first were married people kept telling us that as time goes by you love each other even more deeply and it is so true. We look forward to many more years together and are excited to see what wonderful things the next five years bring.

No comments: